PEDAL is a non-profit society that relies on donations from generous members of the community that have a little extra, to help fund our programs and services for people that have less. We greatly appreciate any financial donations and can provide a charitable tax receipts in exchange.
We accept donations of bicycles, parts, accessories, and tools. Please drop off your donations during open hours at Our Community Bikes - 2429 Main Street, Vancouver BC.
We wish to acknowledge the ancestral, traditional, and unceded territories of the Coast Salish People and in particular the Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh, Stó:lo and Skxwú7mesh peoples on whose land we stand. Keeping our shop environment welcoming and comfortable for everyone is our top priority. We believe that everyone deserves respect. While using the resources of Our Community Bikes we ask that you
• Respect the diversity of folks who use the space.
• Respect the physical and emotional boundaries of each individual.
• Be mindful of your word choices and conversation topics.
• Respect the names and pronouns of everyone. Allow people the space to define themselves.
• Be accountable for your own actions and recognize your own privilege and personal biases.
• Be open to feedback and discussion.
If someone in the space does not follow this policy, they will be kindly asked to leave and can return after taking a break and checking back in when they are ready.
We believe that everyone should feel comfortable doing D.I.Y. repairs regardless of ability, age, gender, identity, income, or sexual orientation.