Volunteers are the heart of our organization and help keep our doors open so that we can continue to help members of our community.
PEDAL and Our Community Bikes are always seeking volunteers to lend a hand in the shop or with our various community programs. If you would like to learn more about bicycle mechanics while giving back to the community, we invite you to register for one of our regular volunteer orientations. We offer a range of skill-building volunteer opportunities for people of any experience and background. Please contact us if you would like to register or for more information.
Click here to sign up for volunteer shifts
We wish to acknowledge the ancestral, traditional, and unceded territories of the Coast Salish People and in particular the Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh, Stó:lo and Skxwú7mesh peoples on whose land we stand. Keeping our shop environment welcoming and comfortable for everyone is our top priority. We believe that everyone deserves respect. While using the resources of Our Community Bikes we ask that you
• Respect the diversity of folks who use the space.
• Respect the physical and emotional boundaries of each individual.
• Be mindful of your word choices and conversation topics.
• Respect the names and pronouns of everyone. Allow people the space to define themselves.
• Be accountable for your own actions and recognize your own privilege and personal biases.
• Be open to feedback and discussion.
If someone in the space does not follow this policy, they will be kindly asked to leave and can return after taking a break and checking back in when they are ready.
We believe that everyone should feel comfortable doing D.I.Y. repairs regardless of ability, age, gender, identity, income, or sexual orientation.